Review: Corsair's Wares & Ulfberth helmets

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

Review: Corsair's Wares & Ulfberth helmets

Postby admin » 23 May 2012 13:31

Just a little review to say that having recently bought from Corsair's Wares I am very happy with their speed, helpfullness and customer service. I'd recommend them to anyone.

The product I bought from them was a 'Get Dressed for Battle' pig-faced bascinet by Ulfberth for a little armouring project I am doing (to use as a base - essentially I wanted a cheap bascinet skull that was the right shape and size).

Corsair's Wares got me the size I needed (which was initially out of stock) and sent it to me well packaged and super quick, at an unbeatable price!

I also own a pig-faced bascinet from GDFB (not the same company as 'Get Dressed for Battle' - yes it is confusing) and I have to say that this bascinet from Ulfberth is superior in almost every way - the skull itself is a much better shape (more rounded and less like the GDFB cone), the visor flares properly at the sides to allow space for the aventail (which the GDFB one does not), the visor comes down low enough to protect the chin (which the GDFB one does not), the actual forging is far better done, with crisper lines, the visor pivots and pins are far better and the lining is of better quality. All in all it is a superior product to the GDFB helmet. I got the size L, despite not having a large head, so that I can wear a padded coif inside as well - it fits perfectly like this.

My only single criticism of it is that the visor pivot pins should be tighter and hence keep the visor raised by friction, which currently they do not (this is something that is actually irrelevant to me, as I intend to take it all apart and rebuild it as a great bascinet with bevor and gorget).
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Re: Corsair's Wares & Ulfberth helmets

Postby KeithFarrell » 23 May 2012 13:43

Thank you very much for the positive review, Matt. I'm glad we could help you find something for your project and that you are happy with the quality of the helmet.

We pride ourselves on our helpfulness and friendliness, and we will go to any length to ensure that the customer is happy with the purchase at the end of the day. We might still be relatively new and small-scale but we like to think that we are the friendliest supplier with whom you will ever do business :D

http://www.corsairs-wares.com

-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 26 May 2012 13:54

I too have found them to be very helpful when trying to source an item that is out of stock elsewhere.
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts
Learn Classical Pugilism online!

"Oz deserves to be insulted as he was fairly sarcastic"
Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby TyHar7 » 23 Aug 2012 11:51

Just got the SPES Jacket from Corsairs wares, they brought it to fight camp on request, saving me p&p and it was ready when I arrived. I will be ordering additional SPES equipment from them in the future. :D
"Right lads, its quite simple; we form a circle around the enemy and then fire!"

Ty "DeathEnder" Harris
TyHar7
Sergeant-Major

Postby KeithFarrell » 23 Aug 2012 12:40

TyHar7 wrote:Just got the SPES Jacket from Corsairs wares, they brought it to fight camp on request, saving me p&p and it was ready when I arrived. I will be ordering additional SPES equipment from them in the future. :D

Thank you very much Ty, and I look forward to helping you source whatever equipment you need!
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tweedledee » 01 Sep 2012 11:45

Just a quick note on Corsair's Wares and my new SPES jacket. I left it late having missed the original post but Keith went out of his way to contact his suppliers and wrangle an extra jacket into the order.
It was delivered to Fight Camp saving me P&P and I am extremely pleased with it.
Good service and a quick turn around.

Gavin
Tweedledee
Sergeant

Return to Market & Reviews