training partners

Open to public view.

training partners

Postby kublai » 11 Sep 2011 13:35

Hello Everyone,
I've recently become interested in our European Martial heritage and would like to further my knowledge by training in the Longsword. I live in Hull East Yorkshire and wondered if there is anyone out there like me who wants to get together and work through some routines. I'm currently trying to get some training wasters etc so i can at least make a start. I don't mind if like me you have little experience, i'm sure with the resources available we can have a go. :D
kublai
Recruit in training

Re: training partners

Postby Ronin » 11 Sep 2011 15:25

Good idea mate, alas I'm in London so I wish you luck on your quest.....
"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" ~ Uncle Ben from Spiderman

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronin237/
Ronin
Corporal

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 20 Sep 2011 22:47

kublai wrote:Hello Everyone,
I've recently become interested in our European Martial heritage and would like to further my knowledge by training in the Longsword. I live in Hull East Yorkshire and wondered if there is anyone out there like me who wants to get together and work through some routines. I'm currently trying to get some training wasters etc so i can at least make a start. I don't mind if like me you have little experience, i'm sure with the resources available we can have a go. :D

You my friend are a lucky lucky man. There is a very skilled practitioner living in Hull who used to run a SG group. Search for "The Guardsman" and drop him a PM...
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts
Learn Classical Pugilism online!

"Oz deserves to be insulted as he was fairly sarcastic"
Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby The Guardsman » 28 Sep 2011 13:20

Currently I 'm in training for a boxing match on the 9th of December so my time is taken up with that for training. However..... I can spare an hour on Mondays during the day.

AUDI VIDE TACE

Listen, Observe, Be Silent

Neil Johnson
The Guardsman
Brigadier

Location: In Yorkshire, tending to my mill, eating fish and chips and playing with knives.

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria