Gus Trim sword for sale UK only - £200 w scabbard

Open to public view.

Gus Trim sword for sale UK only - £200 w scabbard

Postby swordflasher » 14 Jun 2006 19:58

I'll be bringing it to the Royal Gunpowder Mills, cash sale if you're interested.

It's this sword -
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41889&highlight=backsword+cutter

Gus's very first Bastard Backsword - the prototype.

As seen on the thread, but comes with TWO pommels - the one shown and a lighter longsword pommel that I slightly prefer with this sword.
Also a home-made leather-covered scabbard.

It now has a dogbone cross and the wooden grip is a standard wooden longsword one of the type that were standard a few years back - probably cocoba I guess.

Sword and blade are in good condition - only used for cutting once, at the Schola test cutting party, when it cut through one of the 4" wooden poles that the bottles were standing on. The blade is pentagonal, as in it's a diamond section sword with a very thick back edge. No fuller on the blade, very sharp.

Handling - well, pretty much what I think a gross messer would be. Beefy, but handles well..
A very solid sword with a lot of heft to the blade, or 'blade presence'.
.I think of it as a warsword that you'd take down from over the fireplace when the call to arms came, which would cut through pretty much anyone [and his horse] during the slaughter, and which you could split logs with in peacetime.

I like the Atrim look of it, but I've toyed with the idea of giving it to a swordmaker to give it either a viking hilt [to make a Viking hand-and-a-half single-edged sword], or a beaked gross messer pommel. Either would suit this blade.
I've even tried it with a tsuba, since it came out just when Gus was getting into banana making.

Er.. that's it. £200, no offers [cost me £300 to bring it in the country nearly two years ago, without the scabbard and extra pommel then of course.

I'm selling due to cash flow problems, also known as credit card charges. :roll:

*edit* Just to repeat myself, it's the exact same sword, same blade that's shown on the thread - I saw it on the thread and made an offer immediately.
The wooden grip is a slimmer one than that shown[more like the now standard bastard backsword ones] that I think is handier, and the cross is an Atrim dogbone one rather than the standard one shown, since I felt they suited this sword better and were swapped from another and earlier model longsword I had..
Last edited by swordflasher on 10 Aug 2006 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
There is a world elsewhere
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Postby swordflasher » 15 Jun 2006 00:05

Shiny sword.
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Postby Alex » 15 Jun 2006 01:12

I'd need to see a demonstration of how it cuts first. How do you feel about your right arm? Not too attached to it I hope? :)

Body parts aside, you could try whoring it out at SF and that Exiles forum.
Alex
Major General

Postby swordflasher » 15 Jun 2006 10:35

Alex wrote:I'd need to see a demonstration of how it cuts first. How do you feel about your right arm? Not too attached to it I hope? :)

Body parts aside, you could try whoring it out at SF and that Exiles forum.

Be good to try it on a worthy target.
If anyone wants to bring something challenging to the Gunpowder Mills they can try it out. A gnu or something.

I'm left handed hah ha.

I won't advertise it anywhere else as I'd rather keep it - just temporarily borassic, and if noone buys it at the GM's I'll probably hang onto it.
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Return to Buying, Selling & Reviews