St Georges Armoury or Albion

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

St Georges Armoury or Albion

Postby Monster mani » 20 Dec 2016 20:42

Hey there I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I think it fits here. I'm looking at getting a decent cutter. I've seen the Albion Fiore but being in the UK ide rather not have to import swords and worry about taxes. I have had Mark Vickers swords before but never a sharp. Does any one have any experience of a sharp Vickers and does it compare to an Albion? Many thank. And a merry Christmas.
Monster mani
Cadet

Re: St Georges Armoury or Albion

Postby admin » 25 Jan 2017 10:41

Yes I've owned a few of Mark Vickers' sharps, as have several other people here - they are excellent and very good cutters (in general better cutters than Albion actually, as they are better steel and better sharpened). Albion are a little more historically accurate in edge geometry, but that varies from model to model. I would not hesitate to buy from Mark Vickers, though unless he has it currently in stock, you may expect to wait for a year to two years for a custom piece. He is slow unfortunately.
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby Luka » 23 Feb 2017 22:28

What steel Vickers use?
Luka
Corporal

Postby Lidsman » 26 Feb 2017 08:56

St George seems to be a little less priced than Regenyei. How do they compare?
Ulf Ulfson Lidsman
----)--------------------
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
Benjamin Franklin
Lidsman
Sergeant

Return to Market & Reviews