Selling some old protective gear

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

Selling some old protective gear

Postby KeithFarrell » 22 Jan 2016 10:44

I have some HEMA gear for sale, stuff I don't use any more, that I'm willing to sell for a reasonable bargain to newer fencers looking to acquire some equipment.

One of the Akademia Broni "Kurtka Standard F3" jackets. In decent condition, although quite clearly well-used, with a few scratches and scrapes. Holes have been sewn back up where necessary. The size is 52; I'm not quite sure what that means in terms of a sizing chart, but it fits me nicely and I take a small SPES AP jacket. I bought it for around £95 if I recall correctly; I would be willing to sell it for £60 plus postage.

A white "athletic mesh hat" from Crasche, whose motto is: "For people who should wear a helmet, but don't". It is a good option to put under your fencing mask to help reduce the force of impacts from repeated strikes. The size is large, it is in excellent condition having only been worn once or twice - it didn't quite fit under my mask, unfortunately! I bought it for a little more than £30, and would be happy to accept £20 plus postage for it now.

A pair of SPES shinguards, in good condition, and only been worn a few times. They are just a little too large for my liking, but do provide plenty of protection. I paid around £15 for them, I would accept £10 plus postage.

A pair of brushcutter shinguards. They have been well worn but are in good condition. I paid around £20 for them, I would accept £10 plus postage.

A pair of Absolute Force HEMA gloves. They are well used, and protected my hands through many sparring bouts and competitive matches before I upgraded to Sparring Gloves. Admittedly, they are quite beaten up, and their durability isn't particularly good - they act very much as ablative armour, so the more you get hit on the hands, the more swiftly they fall apart. However, they will keep your hands safe for a while, and I would only ask for £40 plus postage for the pair, nowhere near full price!

Please let me know if you are interested in anything - I might be willing to negotiate :)
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Selling some old protective gear

Postby JimGiant » 14 Mar 2016 02:50

Maybe. Not getting paid for a few weeks though.

Any chance we can have some photos and measurements?
JimGiant
Private

Re: Selling some old protective gear

Postby KeithFarrell » 18 Mar 2016 22:14

JimGiant wrote:Maybe. Not getting paid for a few weeks though.

Any chance we can have some photos and measurements?

Hi Jim - sorry for the delay, I have been quite ill. Was there any item in particular that was of interest to you? I can see about taking some pictures or measurements if you let me know what you need.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Market & Reviews