For sale: two Albion bare blades

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

For sale: two Albion bare blades

Postby KeithFarrell » 21 Jun 2015 14:22

Hi guys. I have two items that I would like to sell: a pair of "bare blades" from Albion Swords, mostly cleaned, that I bought for a hilting project a few years ago, but never quite managed to get round to focusing on. Rather than have these kicking around my flat (and since I don't have the necessary tools or time to do the job), they may as well go to someone who has the time, skill and tools to do the job.

-----------------------------------------------

The first bare blade is their "Celtic sword" blade. It is a single-handed blade and could be turned into a Viking style sword or a sword appropriate for practising the sword and buckler system of MS I.33. It has been milled and heat treated by Albion, and additionally cleaned to remove the black coating that covered the blade when it was sent.

Specifications:
- heat treated by Albion Swords
- total length: 35.25 inches
- blade length: 28 inches
- tang length: 7.25 inches
- weight: 740 grams

I paid something like £170 for this, including postage etc, when I bought it. Ideally, I would like to receive £100 plus postage (around £10 in the UK) for this item.

-----------------------------------------------

The second bare blade is their "type XVI longsword" blade. It is a hand-and-a-half or longsword blade and could be appropriate for training the 15th century longsword systems of Liechtenauer or Fiore. It has been milled and heat treated by Albion. Additionally, it has been cleaned to remove the black coating that covered the blade when it was sent, and the edges have been partially sharpened.

Blade Specifications:
- heat treated by Albion Swords
- total length: 45.5 inches
- blade length: 36 inches
- tang length: 9.5 inches
- weight: 1113 grams

Accompanying this blade is a scent-stopper shaped pommel by James the Just, also based in the USA. It would be an attractive and effective pommel to use for your hilting project with this blade.

Pommel Specifications:
- length: 2.5 inches
- weight: 314 grams

I paid something like £200 for this, including postage etc, when I bought it. Ideally, I would like to receive £125 plus postage (around £15 in the UK) for this item.

-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For sale: two Albion bare blades

Postby KeithFarrell » 22 Jun 2015 10:54

Added the measurements and specifications - I forgot to do that beforehand, sorry!
-- Keith Farrell --
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby sabre » 27 Jun 2015 16:24

PM Sent on the type XVI blade.
sabre
Private

Postby KeithFarrell » 27 Jun 2015 16:28

Two people now have dibs on the blades; hopefully by the end of the day, everything will be confirmed, and the items will be sold.

The type XVI blade has been sold.
-- Keith Farrell --
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Market & Reviews