******Swordstick for sale and information neeeded******

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

******Swordstick for sale and information neeeded******

Postby tony85 » 10 Mar 2015 16:37

Hi guys I have a swordstick which I know nothing about and or its value and would also be inteerested in selling it. Could someone share some light on it for me i will attach photos below. Based in the UK south east kent.

tony85
Cadet

Re: ******Swordstick for sale and information neeeded******

Postby Phil C » 11 Mar 2015 09:24

I've owned two, seen another four or five and they appear in films fairly often as they were produced in large quantities so worth about £35 each

Be careful tho' as I've been told by various folk they came out of India in the 1970s so may not be old enough to be legal under the antique exemption.
--Effete Snob--
"I have a sword to defend my honour. I have a stick to answer those without honour."

http://www.blackboarswordsmanship.co.uk/
Phil C
Lieutenant General

Postby fullplate » 11 Mar 2015 12:54

60's - 70's production, you see them in profusion at antiques fairs, I was at Kempton Park yesterday and saw at least a dozen all of equally low quality. Worth whatever someone will give you, but are not covered under the "antique" exemption, they must be proven to be 100 years old to comply. I couldn't see any way to do this.
fullplate
Sergeant-Major

Postby admin » 11 Mar 2015 13:07

Agreed - they get sold because most people don't realise how modern they are. Unfortunately, ignorance is not a legal defence. These are illegal to buy and sell in the UK and therefore I must close this listing. Sorry :(
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Return to Market & Reviews