The Swordflasher Bowie from Poshland Knives

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

The Swordflasher Bowie from Poshland Knives

Postby swordflasher » 12 Nov 2014 15:15

A custom bowie from Poshland Knives, with 12" raindrop damascus blade, walnut hilt. A knife of amazing beauty and craftsmanship.

I also ordered a dagger with 9" blade, also from Uzzy at Poshland Knives, and a 20" blade short sword from Umar at Backyard Knives on Etsy. Both sellers were extremely helpful. All three weapons came with hand-made leather sheaths.

Image.

Image.

Pics from my mobile do not do this beast of a knife justice, or show the amazing damascus blade and fittings. The dagger's very good - I wanted a slightly shorter blade than tbeir usual 10" dagger blades so as to be handy. The sword is excellent, though without distal taper, and when I pointed out an issue with the leather scabbard, Umar immediately offered to send a replacement.

Better photos and review at some point, but the bowie really is the nicest knife I've ever seen or handled - very much to my taste. Keep in mind its 17" long, with a blade based on the the Outback 'call that a knife' Bowie, and has a 6mm thick blade at my request. I think I could have asked them to make the dagger of 6mm not 5, on reflection, but I'm very pleased with it. The clip point on the bowie was unsharpened, but that will be easily remedied.

I unreservedly recommend both sellers, and also the capability of the makers in Pakistan. The photos really really don't do these items justice! I'm very pleased they made all three weapons to match.
Last edited by swordflasher on 02 Dec 2014 01:05, edited 7 times in total.
There is a world elsewhere
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Re: The Swordflasher Bowie from Poshland Knives

Postby admin » 12 Nov 2014 16:57

Good stuff Mike :)
I've recently got a new historical style Bowie from Poshland and will be filming a review over the next couple of days.
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby admin » 12 Nov 2014 16:59

Incidentally, if anyone wants a slight discount on stock items (20% if bought through the website, or 15% through Etsy) then get in contact with me and I will sort you out. :)
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby swordflasher » 12 Nov 2014 19:45

Thanks for the original heads up about Poshland Knives, Matt; I'm well pleased with my custom purchases from them.
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Postby swordflasher » 02 Dec 2014 01:07

Video review on Dailymotion (google 'poshland daily motion').

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bfr9 ... ideoupload

I will put a better quality version on Youtube soon.
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Return to Market & Reviews