SOLD: SPES Heavy Gloves (HEMA gloves) for sale

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

SOLD: SPES Heavy Gloves (HEMA gloves) for sale

Postby JohnHellscream » 15 Oct 2014 14:00

Spes Heavy glove v. 1.0 - exceptional protection, i received two monstrous blows with a heavy blunt and i didnt even felt them, i mean that i just felt there was a contact and heard the sound. The mobility is fair for a mitten type of glove, especially after its broken in a little.

Condition : near perfect.
Total use time: about 15 minutes during two sparring sessions.
Videos about the gloves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCWHtI15Ck and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxJVVwKuVo .
Pictures of my gloves: http://imgur.com/a/coNLX - taken after the sparring sessions. They are black, not navy as they appear (its a tint form the lighting) I will post more if required. Sorry, the pictures are taken while gripping a shinai, i dont have a feder in the house, i keep it at my club after ive broken some things while wielding it. :lol:

Given the fact that in the first youtube video, the fencer reviewing them, Everett from what i saw, said that the very tip of the thumb is a little less protected, im going to throw in two SPES fingertip protectors made from hard plastic. (see photos with and without the glove here: http://imgur.com/a/69yOh)
Anyway, i dont think you can really get hit there, very small chance, given the fact that the tip of the armored thumb extends about 1 cm higher than the actual thumb and the plate has a rounded shape that comes forward. But safety is the most important even when talking about very small chances, so thats covered.

Description from the SPES Website:

- The SPES heavy gloves v. 1.0 are designed to protect your palms which are exposed to injuries during trainings of historical fencing. Our protective heavy gloves provide full cover for four fingers and thumb.
The outside part of the palm and fingers are also protected by the overlapping plastic elements made of polypropylene. Polypropylene represents a high resistancy to cracks which guarantees a higher durability and resistance.
- The 11cm cuff made of fabric is reinforced by six covered with leather elements which aim is to protect the wrist’s bones.
- On the wrist there is also a leather belt with a buckle which enables the fencer to better adjust the glove to fit the palm.
- The inner part of the gloves is covered with synthetic leather. The quilting of the gloves provides additional amortization against the hits.
- Now thanks to our heavy gloves, trainings with heavy weapon, feders or dussacks will become much safer.
SPES heavy gloves v. 1.0 upgraded available since 1.05.2014. Upgrades in comparison to the 0.9 version:
-more comfortable gloves with three fingers,
-increased protection and stiffening of the thumb thanks to applying more protective elements,
-additional layer of leather stiffens and protects the wrist and the palm,
-the leather belt with a buckle gives the possibility of a better adjustment of the glove to the palm,
-longer cuff and additional protective elements covered with leather,
-the inner part of the gloves is covered with synthetic leather,
-more comfortable way of fastening the plastic elements to the glove,
-new more durable rivets.

Store price: 150 eur (about 119 £) + transport from Poland, 20 £ via UPS (for Romania, i guess for UK and the rest of EU is about the same).
My price: 90 £+ transport from Romania - about 18 £ (for UK), normal postage.
Last edited by JohnHellscream on 02 Nov 2014 20:13, edited 3 times in total.
JohnHellscream
Cadet

Re: SPES Heavy Gloves (HEMA gloves) for sale

Postby JohnHellscream » 16 Oct 2014 23:15

Right, so the SPES heavy gloves plus 2 SPES finger protectors are now 95.99 £, but with the postage included. I realise it was a little bit unethical not to include the transport. Decent price, from 139-140 £ gloves (including transport from manufacturer in Poland). All the evidence - order number from SPES, shipping details, conversation with seller if need be, will be provided, proving both the recieving time and how much i had them. For details and so on, price etc. post here or PM.
JohnHellscream
Cadet

Return to Market & Reviews