Replica Sabre

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

Replica Sabre

Postby Hamelsmith » 19 Aug 2014 16:28

Dear All,

I have just started my journey into the world of swords and am looking for some guidance.

Can anyone recommend a replica sabre manufacturer with the same quality as Albion? I imagine this will have to be a dream for a while and I will have to get something much lower end to start, but it's nice to have a goal and something to drool over in the meantime.

Also I am trying to figure what would be a jack of all trades (but master of none) sabre; decent cut, decent thrust, quality protection from hilt, not too light/hilt balanced so it has some authority in the cut, not too heavy/blade balanced that if I make a missed swing I'll be cut to ribbons. Any suggestions? From my youtubing it seems that a British pattern 1897 infantry officers sword hilt combined with an 1845 infantry officers blade might do the trick. Is such a thing possible?

Lastly, at least aesthetically, I like the idea of a blade with a curvature in between a 1796 light cavalry sabre and the 1845 infantry officers sword (without any hatchet) but haven't been able to find anything like this on the net? Any suggestions? Perhaps there is a website or book that shows the evolution of the different British sabre patterns in one place?

Thanks for any replies. Sorry if my questions are entirely idiotic, very new to all of this
Hamelsmith
Recruit in training

Re: Replica Sabre

Postby Monzambano » 20 Aug 2014 06:09

Peter Regenyei is an obvious port of call http://www.regenyei.com, but it might be a while before he can get around to it.
The best revenge is living well
Monzambano
Lieutenant

Location: Bühler - formerly territory of the prince-abbot of St Gallen

Postby Hamelsmith » 20 Aug 2014 15:08

Thanks for the tip; will probably try heading down the antique route though
Hamelsmith
Recruit in training

Postby Monzambano » 20 Aug 2014 17:01

Hamelsmith wrote:Thanks for the tip; will probably try heading down the antique route though

Absolutely - from a pricing point of view, that is a perfectly reasonable route to go.
The best revenge is living well
Monzambano
Lieutenant

Location: Bühler - formerly territory of the prince-abbot of St Gallen

Postby admin » 21 Aug 2014 10:27

Yeah, antiques are generally better made and cheaper than custom replicas!
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Return to Market & Reviews