A compendium of available feders

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

A compendium of available feders

Postby tabiris » 01 Sep 2013 22:35

This isn't strictly speaking a review. Maybe it could be something like a meta-review. Anyway, since I've been spending my free time by drooling over feders online, I thought I'd use that and make it into something worthwhile.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Hema Training Longswords Compendium!

http://hemareviews.blogspot.com/2013/08/hema-training-longswords-compendium.html

Inside you'll find a list of currently available feders and their reviews, where applicable. Hope you guys find it useful!
tabiris
Staff Sergeant

Re: A compendium of available feders

Postby admin » 02 Sep 2013 11:05

Very useful, thanks!
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Re: A compendium of available feders

Postby tabiris » 23 Oct 2013 13:09

So, I had the chance of trying out the ElGur feders at Tyrnhaw (amazing event, by the way - if you're practicing longsword, you really should make it a priority). Imagine a Hanwei feder done right. Looks beautiful, good flex (in the last third only), handles well (keep in mind 3-4cm PoB if you like swords with a PoB a bit fruther out). The weight distribution is good, so you can feel where the point is. The only thing I didn't like is that it is too historical - the last 25% of the blade is very thin, going all the way to the spatulated point. I think this'd cause surface wounds quite easily (if I'm not mistaken, the fighters in 16th century were paid according to the number of bleeding wounds they had). However, if you're looking for a well made historically accurate feder, then this is it.
tabiris
Staff Sergeant

Return to Market & Reviews