(SOLD) Armour Class "Slavic" Sabre

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

(SOLD) Armour Class "Slavic" Sabre

Postby KeithFarrell » 29 Jul 2013 14:53

This sword was made by Armour Class, and was apparently a custom design, of which only two such swords were ever produced. It is an early medieval Slavic style design, described to me as a Magyar sabre suitable for Rus Vikings when I bought it two or three years ago.

It is a very nice sword, it handles reasonably well (for a stronger person), and has been used very sparingly. It is in excellent condition and there are no burrs or marks on the blade or hilt. There is a lovely green leather sheath for the sword, with oiled wool inside to keep the blade in good condition. The sheath has integral straps with a bronze buckle and a bronze strap end. Overall, it is a fantastic sword, and I am only selling it because I so rarely have the opportunity to participate in re-enactment anymore, and someone else may as well have the use of this excellent sword.

I can bring it with me to FightCamp if anyone wants to see it in person before agreeing to buy it.

Measurements:
- overall length: 39" / 99cm
- blade length: 33" / 84cm
- length of cross guard: 4" / 10cm
- point of balance: 6.25" / 14cm in front of cross guard
- width of blade: 1.12" / 3cm
- weight of sword: 966 grams
- weight of sheath: 749 grams

Cost:
When I bought it, I recall it costing around £400. Since I have only used it in fighting for about ten minutes since buying it, and have looked after it very well, I would like to ask for £350 for it. If you think this seems very expensive, make me a reasonable offer, and I might be happy to accept it.

Pictures:
(Note: you may need to right-click on the images and view them in a new tab to be able to see them full size without cropping)

Last edited by KeithFarrell on 24 Sep 2013 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For Sale: Armour Class "Slavic" Sabre

Postby Colin F. » 29 Jul 2013 21:01

I handled this at last years FC and it is a very lovely sabre, with a good heft.
SG6 - Bradford - Instructor

Those old masters taught fighting, we teach nothing but fencing nowadays. - Alfred Hutton, The Swordsman
Colin F.
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: (SOLD) Armour Class "Slavic" Sabre

Postby KeithFarrell » 24 Sep 2013 13:34

This sword has now been sold.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Market & Reviews