For Sale: some swords, weapons and other bits of kit

Open to public view.

For Sale: some swords, weapons and other bits of kit

Postby KeithFarrell » 09 Sep 2012 17:16

I'm looking to sell a few of my old bits of re-enactment kit so that I can buy some new toys :) so, the following is a list of items with a price that I would like to get for each of them in an ideal world. Of course, this isn't an ideal world, so if you feel like bartering me down then give me a fair price for what you think you can pay for them and let's negotiate.

- sharp re-enactment messer - sold!
- Armour Class single handed Norman sword - sold!
- Rus Viking hat - sold!
- flanged mace - sold!

- Scramaseax by Bob Davies. Blunt and safe for re-enactment combat. It cost £60 new, has been somewhat used but still in very good condition, I made a leather sheath for it myself; I would ask £50 for this in an ideal world.

- Hand axe by an Indian company. Blunt and safe for re-enactment combat. It cost me something like £30 on eBay and has been used a few times, but is still in reasonable condition. I would ask for £20 for this in an ideal world.

- Butted chainmail byrnie I made myself a long time ago when I was learning the basics of the craft. Thick and heavy rings, took me eight months to put it together. It has been worn a few times and a few of the rings are beginning to turn a little orange, but a brief wipe over with something rough would sort that quickly. In an ideal world I would like £100 for it.

- Blue inkle weave. I traded for this at a re-enactment event a while back; the length is 2m 80cm. In an ideal world I would like £15 for it.

- Quite a large reindeer skin in very good condition. It measures 120cm by 80 cm at its widest parts. In an ideal world I would like £80 for it.

- Blue silk shirt, somewhat Viking in style. It would fit a small male, or a reasonably sized child. The silk is quite nice and the stitching is quite good - I sewed it all by hand myself when I was learning the craft. However, the pattern isn't quite right - it would do for a child in a re-enactment group, or perhaps as a showpiece for school visits or something along those lines. In an ideal world I would like £50 for it.

If you would like to make me an offer for what you think would be reasonable for one or more of these items then we can discuss the issue - I welcome offers that you think you can afford easily that are reasonable for me as well.

I am posting these items on LivingHistory.co.uk, the Schola Gladiatoria forum and (what I am allowed to post) on eBay. It will be much cheaper if you PM me about it here ;-)
Last edited by KeithFarrell on 17 Sep 2012 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell.net: website
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For Sale: some swords, weapons and other bits of kit

Postby KeithFarrell » 17 Sep 2012 16:54

The messer, Norman sword, mace and the Rus hat have been sold.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell.net: website
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Buying, Selling & Reviews