A short review of the new DVD from Ringschule Wroclaw

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

A short review of the new DVD from Ringschule Wroclaw

Postby Angantyr » 29 Jun 2012 10:21

Hi all, as you might know I am (despite lacking any skill) a huge fan of RIngen. So as soon as I got the word I had to order myself one of the new DVDs that Ringschule Wroclaw has produced.
The whole title is "Fabian von Auerswald basic techniques part 1".
Having watched it several times and worked through it with my friends I feel like writing a small review of it, so that other ringen-friendly people might get a taste of it.

And let me just say, it is awesome. :mrgreen:

It consists of 5 chapters, divided into the following categories of techniques:
1 - Abwinden/Wrapping techniques
2 - Das Radt/ The Wheel
3 - Das Schlossringen/ Wrestling when locked together
4 - Die Huffe / Hip throws
5 - Der Haken / Hook throws

Each of the mentioned chapters having somewhere between 4-6 different techniques.

All of the action is clear presented, with a good voiceover giving limited but detailed instruction.
One first get to see the move, then it is broken down into step-by-step instruction where they halt the video into a still picture at key points, this then followed by the technique in action. (This latter might go a bit fast as they do it really fast.) I find this to be a really useful way of presenting the material.

Some of the downsides of the DVD, as there are as always some:
First, it is perhaps a bit "dark", it is filmed in a dark environment, not the biggest problem in the world but some people might prefer more lights.
Second, and this is more important: It is not basic. By this I mean that I would not recommend it for a total new wrestler as the material and some of the throws really require some experience to pull off or understand. A newbie could come a long way by this DVD alone, but I feel that it is much more suited to the intermediates and experienced guys.

All in all I like it, (except that Irish music that gets repetitive) it is just what I wanted from a DVD on ringen:
Clear instruction, tons of material and some humor. There is even a lion! Just be aware that if you are totaly new then you might struggle a bit more than I did with it. I give it two thumbs up and say that if you do KdF or are interested in old school wrestling you should go and get it. I got mine directly from the source by sending them an email at ringschule (at) o2 . pl
-Thrower of people and kamppingvin (fighterpenguin) at Oslo KdF
-Blood and cake!

www.oslokdf.no
Angantyr
Captain

Re: A short review of the new DVD from Ringschule Wroclaw

Postby admin » 29 Jun 2012 16:05

Nice review. I like the comment about the Irish music. :D
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Re: A short review of the new DVD from Ringschule Wroclaw

Postby Robin Plunder » 06 Feb 2015 00:55

Does anybody know if these dvd's are still available? I have tried e-mailing ringschule and so far have had no response.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"
-Italian Proverb
Robin Plunder
Cadet

Return to Market & Reviews