The Weapon Store

Open to public view.

The Weapon Store

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 08 Jun 2011 23:06

I am now officially a dealer for Blitz Sports and so I'd like to offer forumites some discounted gear. Firstly pugilism...

Grilled headguards

Perfect for pugilism, the grill is removable if you want and everything velcros together. We have loads of these in the club and they are great. Available in Red, Black or Blue, in Large or Medium.

RRP £30.64
Schola Forum Price: £25

Grappling Gloves

Blitz Firepower Gloves. Thumbless with a supportive wrist wrap. These are the gloves I use and i love them. They are about the best value for money MMA glove you can get. In yellow, red or black, sizes S,M,L,XL.

RRP: £22.46
Schola Forum Price: £18

There is lots more stuff, I'll post some more up later, but if you are interested PM me for postage details.
Last edited by Cutlery Penguin on 17 Jul 2011 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts
Learn Classical Pugilism online!

"Oz deserves to be insulted as he was fairly sarcastic"
Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Re: Blitz Sports Martial Arts Equipment

Postby admin » 09 Jun 2011 11:25

Good stuff!
I wonder, could you encourage them to make other types of glove? I'm thinking Victorian style weapon sparring gloves here - the materials and technology would be very similar to what they are already making, just a different shape.
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby KeithFarrell » 09 Jun 2011 18:16

Hey Oz, good to see that someone else is working with the Blitz equipment! We sell the same equipment in one of our Corsair's Wares shops, it gets quite a lot of attention from martial artists, so hopefully you will be able to make a little extra money for your group as well.

admin wrote:Good stuff!
I wonder, could you encourage them to make other types of glove? I'm thinking Victorian style weapon sparring gloves here - the materials and technology would be very similar to what they are already making, just a different shape.

We have actually been thinking something very similar. It might be good if a few UK HEMA people banded together to suggest some equipment ideas to Blitz, I'm sure they would be happy to expand into a new market area if we could show that there was reasonable interest across the country.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell.net: website
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 09 Jun 2011 21:46

I'm currently in discussions with a manufacturer of MMA gloves for a more historically accurate pugilism glove, if it works out I will move on to other historical gloves.
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 09 Jun 2011 21:49

KeithFarrell wrote:Hey Oz, good to see that someone else is working with the Blitz equipment! We sell the same equipment in one of our Corsair's Wares shops, it gets quite a lot of attention from martial artists, so hopefully you will be able to make a little extra money for your group as well.p

It looks like we've had a lot of the same thoughts! :D

Hopefully it will bring in a little more cash, only time will tell though.

Do you sell on ebay?
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby KeithFarrell » 09 Jun 2011 21:56

I do list the stuff on eBay from time to time, but only when eBay offers a free listing weekend. There was one last weekend, which unfortunately we missed because I was with the Academy on a camping expedition. Oh well, eBay tends to hold those free listing weekends every couple of weeks or thereabouts, so maybe in a fortnight I will be listing some more items :D some of them do actually sell pretty well, others tend to attract a lot of watchers but never any buyers. The way I look at it is that it takes me about 30 minutes every other weekend to list the stuff, and even if only one or two items sell, then it has been worth the effort.

Good luck with selling some stuff yourself, every little helps our hobby to advance! :-)
-- Keith Farrell --
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Wolfgang Ritter » 10 Jun 2011 11:18

I bought their Kali gloves last year in FIghtcamp and strill find them very good, even steel-bouts are okay if you're not brutally hacking your way through the bout.....only thing to critisize is the lack of protection for the fingertips; a usual but yet very annoying problem with lots of martial arts protective gloves.....
Wolfgang Ritter
Captain

Postby KeithFarrell » 10 Jun 2011 11:22

We have a few of the Blitz Kali gloves in the Academy. They are not the most comfortable things ever, and they don't offer as much protection as perhaps a pair of Brines, but they are much cheaper and do a good job for general drilling of techniques. I would be happy to recommend these gloves for low level students until they can afford a better pair.
-- Keith Farrell --
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 10 Jun 2011 22:25

Wolfgang Ritter wrote:I bought their Kali gloves last year in FIghtcamp and strill find them very good, even steel-bouts are okay if you're not brutally hacking your way through the bout.....only thing to critisize is the lack of protection for the fingertips; a usual but yet very annoying problem with lots of martial arts protective gloves.....

A few of the guys in my group have them, they're a little stiff for using inside a basket, but great once they soften up a little. Good for two handed stuff.

RRP £31.15

Schola price £28.50 + p&p
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby admin » 10 Jun 2011 22:31

I have a pair of these in the Schola kit bag, but unfortunately I wouldn't recommend them to anyone for nylon swords (even less steel) - the main areas lacking IMO are the coverage on the fingers and the thumbs even more so. Generally I'd also say that the padding is on one handed not padded enough and on the other hand not hard enough (in other words, hard plates or more absorbant padding would be better).
They work fine for shinai or sticks though.

admin
Emperor

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 11 Jun 2011 07:10

Interesting how opinions vary so much. I guess it's down to personal prefenece.

Wolfgang Ritter wrote:I bought their Kali gloves last year in FIghtcamp and strill find them very good, even steel-bouts are okay if you're not brutally hacking your way through the bout.....

Admin wrote:I wouldn't recommend them to anyone for nylon swords (even less steel)
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 26 Jun 2011 10:58

Next discount!

Shock Doctor Groin Guard

It is constructed of extra supportive four way stretch material with unique wrap around X-Fit cup rentention system. Comes complete with the Shock Doctor Ultra Carbon Flex Cup.

This is easy to put on and take off, it can be worn over or under your trousers depending on whether you want to look like Anders or not and more importantly it keeps your balls safe!

RRP £27.06
SG Forum members price £23

Postage from £3
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 17 Jul 2011 21:56

The website is now up!

It isn't finished by any stretch of the imagination, but there are a range of special offers to give you something to see in the mean time.

http://theweaponstore.co.uk/

The specials will be changing from week to week so make sure you check back regularly.
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Dave B » 25 Aug 2011 18:49

Cutlery Penguin wrote:I'm currently in discussions with a manufacturer of MMA gloves for a more historically accurate pugilism glove, if it works out I will move on to other historical gloves.

You mentioned this, just briefly, when we were putting gloves on for your pugilism class at fightcamp. Given that we were late anyway by then, I resisted the temptation to ask about it, and came back here to search. Is there any more to tell?

Liked the empire logo btw.

Dave.
Dave B
Major

Re: The Weapon Store

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 27 Aug 2011 09:38

Hi Dave,

Not a lot to say at the moment. I'm waiting for the first prototype to arrive so I can see if it is what I'm looking for. As soon as I have something I am happy with I'll let you know!
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 15 Nov 2011 21:16

After much faffing about with the website we now have a "wishlist". If there is anything that you want in the run up to Christmas simply put it in your wishlist and let everyone know so they can buy you things you actually want!

Gonna have some nice offers over the next month or so too so please don't forget to check by regularly!

Oz
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby Cutlery Penguin » 05 Dec 2011 13:12

I have two companies working on prototypes for protecting the back of the head in a fencing mask. One is going for the small, hard shell that fits inside the rear of the mask, one for a modified coaches cover.

This is the first attempt from the second company and it is on it's way to me as I speak.

I'd be interested in any comments people may have.
Oz
Kingslayer 2011

English Martial Arts

Cutlery Penguin
Gentleman

Postby admin » 05 Dec 2011 13:49

This looks very nice! Hopefully cheaper than the current offerings?
I expect this design would be hot, but with the newest generation of sparring simulators I wonder if a bit more padding might be a good idea anyway.

admin
Emperor

Postby Sven1 » 05 Dec 2011 14:12

Cutlery Penguin wrote:I have two companies working on prototypes for protecting the back of the head in a fencing mask. One is going for the small, hard shell that fits inside the rear of the mask, one for a modified coaches cover.

This is the first attempt from the second company and it is on it's way to me as I speak.

I'd be interested in any comments people may have.

whatever you do, try to have them put in a hard piece of plastic (4+mm) in the brow area of the mask and in the back flap. it would also be great if the coach cap had a bib cover and a hard plastic insert was sewn inside to protect the throat. sort of like a hockey/lacrosse dangler.
You may call me asshole if you wish.
Sven1
Corporal

Postby Dithyrambus » 05 Dec 2011 22:25

Interesting!

I'll take one as soon as they become available, as long as they are relatively affordable. :)
Mark H.

"I have two enemies, the Southern Army in front of me, and the financial institutions in the rear. Of the two, the one in my rear is my greatest foe.” Abraham Lincoln

If you can parry a bull you can parry pretty much anything - Lyceum
Dithyrambus
Colonel

Next

Return to Buying, Selling & Reviews