GETTY ON DISPLAY July 8th - Nov 20th 2014

Fiore dei Liberi and his treatises Fior di Battaglia/Flos Duellatorum c.1410.
Open to public view.

GETTY ON DISPLAY July 8th - Nov 20th 2014

Postby Brian Stokes » 03 Jun 2014 05:41

For those interested the Curator of the Getty has informed me that the Getty manuscript will be on display at the museum from the 8th of July to the 30th of November. I believe the Segno and the facing page will be that which is viewable.

Cheers,

Brian
Brian Stokes
Corporal

Re: GETTY ON DISPLAY July 8th - Nov 20th 2014

Postby Brian Stokes » 11 Jun 2014 23:26

I visited the Getty last week and found that the Segno is to appear in a second showing of the manuscript starting sometime next year and will not be on display this year. Rather one of the 'fighting pages' (the term used by the staff) will be on display. When I have found out which pages/folios are to be on view I will update this post.
Brian Stokes
Corporal

Postby Brian Stokes » 07 Jul 2014 18:36

The pages on display will be Folios 20V and 21.
Brian Stokes
Corporal

Postby Gary Gibson » 08 Nov 2014 19:18

I hope that many of you have been able to see the Getty MS on display - it will be on display for a couple more weeks...

The Getty Museum produced a short video interview to go along with the Exhibit with Brian Stokes and Chuck Jackson performing The Schola's interpretation of plays that were on the pages on display (I believe the pages have been changed to dagger plays now). I thought you might be interested.

A Passion for Swords, Daggers, and Medieval Manuscripts

Brian mentioned that the production staff cut only a few minutes from an hour-long interview; they seemed to be mostly interested in comments about the Getty MS, leaving out discussions of HEMA in general, other Schools and Fiore dei Liberi manuscripts.
Last edited by Gary Gibson on 12 Nov 2014 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Gibson
Member Schola San Marco, San Diego, CA
Gary Gibson
Recruit in training

Breaking in Dagger

Postby Brian Stokes » 11 Nov 2014 07:35

Indeed Gary. I informed the Getty staff that if they wanted Chuck and I to do the plays of the 3rd Remedy Master of the dagger, which are on display at this time, I would need to break Chuck's right arm twice and dislocate his right shoulder at least once, Chuck decided to pass on the opportunity. Ergo, no video of the dagger plays ...

Brian
Brian Stokes
Corporal

Return to Fiore dei Liberi