New DVD “Medieval Combat Italian Longsword - Student Guide L

Open to public view.

New DVD “Medieval Combat Italian Longsword - Student Guide L

Postby Colin Richards » 07 Aug 2009 20:51

“Medieval Combat Italian Longsword - Student Guide Level 1”
from the Treatises of Fiore dei Liberi by Colin Richards

Arts of Mars Books Publishing House presents a new DVD on the art of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword combat from 1409 A.D.

This DVD is useful for practitioners of various levels of competence, from the beginner to the experienced. It explores in depth aspects of turning, stepping, striking both blow and thrust. We have systematised Fiore’s longsword art using simple building blocks combined in such a way as to make the learning simple and rewarding.

This specially designed DVD is divided into 4 parts
Introduction including

* Historical aspects
* Swordsmith Stefan Roth (Seelenschmiede) at work
* Equipment etc.

Theory containing 42 sections including:

* Gripping the Sword
* Breathing Technique
* Stance
* Turning
* Tactical Stepping
* Basic Guard Positions
* Cutting with the Sword
* Thrusting with the Sword
* Distance

Single Person Drills containing 37 sections to practise the theory with.
Partner Drills containing 32 sections to practise the theory with.

Selectable sub chapters help to quickly find the drill or exercise you were working on last. All sections are numbered for ease of reference.

This DVD is ideal for establishing a curriculum for a study group, including everything you will need for the first year. The student will gain a good grounding in all aspects of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword System for both one and two handed use of the weapon for both cut and thrust.

The structure of this DVD is based on the idea that after the content of this DVD has been assimilated the student will quickly grasp all aspects of the of Fiore dei Liberi’s system of combat and hence all techniques will become intuitive to learn.

This DVD does not contain a breakdown of the techniques of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword, but on the other hand systematically creates the groundwork for the successful application of those techniques. The techniques and Fiore’s complete Longsword system will be explored in greater depth in Student Guide 2 and 3.

This DVD is a must for those who seriously want to learn the fundamental principles of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword Combat System. It is structured for easy learning for both single persons and groups and is finely tuned to help any experience level from absolute beginner to advanced practitioner.

Technical Details:
NTSC 4:3 Language: English Sound: Dolby Digital Duration: 1 hour 50 min.
ISBN: 1978-3-9811627-1-4 Regular Price: 39,90 Euro

Special Offer for preorders till 31. August 2009
only 35,00 Euro plus Free Shipping! (instead of Regular Price of 39,90 Euro)
Available under http://www.ArtsOfMarsBooks.com

Arts Of Mars Books Publishing House, Colin Richards, Germany, http://www.ArtsOfMars.com, mail: books@ArtsOfMars.com, phone: +49 (0) 5723/ 799 447[/b]
Last edited by Colin Richards on 09 Aug 2009 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
Arts of Mars HEMA Academy,
HEMAC Member
Author: Fiore Dei Liberi 1409: Wrestling and Dagger (English and German)
Author: DVD Medieval Combat Italian Longsword from the Treatises of Fioire dei Liberi 1409
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Re: New DVD “Medieval Combat Italian Longsword - Student Gui

Postby Motley » 07 Aug 2009 20:58

Colin Richards wrote:“Medieval Combat Italian Longsword - Student Guide Level 1”
from the Treatises of Fiore dei Liberi by Colin Richards

Arts of Mars Books Publishing House presents a new DVD on the art of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword combat from 1409 A.D.

This DVD is useful for practitioners of various levels of competence, from the beginner to the experienced. It explores in depth aspects of turning, stepping, striking both blow and thrust. We have systematised Fiore’s longsword art using simple building blocks combined in such a way as to make the learning simple and rewarding.

This specially designed DVD is divided into 4 parts
Introduction including

* Historical aspects
* Swordsmith Stefan Roth (Seelenschmiede) at work
* Equipment etc.

Theory containing 42 sections including:

* Gripping the Sword
* Breathing Technique
* Stance
* Turning
* Tactical Stepping
* Basic Guard Positions
* Cutting with the Sword
* Thrusting with the Sword
* Distance

Single Person Drills containing 37 sections to practise the theory with.
Partner Drills containing 32 sections to practise the theory with.

Selectable sub chapters help to quickly find the drill or exercise you were working on last. All sections are numbered for ease of reference.

This DVD is ideal for establishing a curriculum for a study group, including everything you will need for the first year. The student will gain a good grounding in all aspects of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword System for both one and two handed use of the weapon for both cut and thrust.

The structure of this DVD is based on the idea that after the content of this DVD has been assimilated the student will quickly grasp all aspects of the of Fiore dei Liberi’s system of combat and hence all techniques will become intuitive to learn.

This DVD does not contain a breakdown of the techniques of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword, but on the other hand systematically creates the groundwork for the successful application of those techniques. The techniques and Fiore’s complete Longsword system will be explored in greater depth in Student Guide 2 and 3.

This DVD is a must for those who seriously want to learn the fundamental principles of Fiore dei Liberi’s Longsword Combat System. It is structured for easy learning for both single persons and groups and is finely tuned to help any experience level from absolute beginner to advanced practitioner.

Technical Details:
NTSC 4:3 Language: English Sound: Dolby Digital Duration: 1 hour 50 min.
ISBN: 1978-3-9811627-1-4 Regular Price: 39,90 Euro

Special Offer for preorders till 31. August 2009
only 35,00 Euro plus Free Shipping! (instead of Regular Price of 39,90 Euro)
Available under http://www.ArtsOfMarsBooks.com

Arts Of Mars Books Publishing House, Colin Richards, Germany, http://www.ArtsOfMars.com, mail: books@ArtsOfMars.com, phone: +49 (0) 5723/ 799 447[/b]

Cool. How do I pre-order?

Regards,
Dan.
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Monster Zero » 07 Aug 2009 21:01

What's the US cost? (No VAT to Pay)...
MC-Stats (Won/Lost/Fought/Open: 1/4/5/?)
Mostly Harmless...
Monster Zero
Field Marshal

Postby Colin Richards » 07 Aug 2009 21:12

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies:

Pre order - simply go to the our shop at

http://www.ArtsofMarsbooks.com

and order it.

The web shop automatically gives the correct price until the end of August and then the price will change to the normal price.

For people in other countries such as the USA where you do not pay VAT the web shop automatically works out the price without the 7% VAT that DVD's are rated at.

Please note that the DVD comes back from the printers on the 19th August and we send them out on the 20th August.

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards

Colin
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Author: DVD Medieval Combat Italian Longsword from the Treatises of Fioire dei Liberi 1409
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby Motley » 07 Aug 2009 21:19

Colin Richards wrote:Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies:

and order it.

The web shop automatically gives the correct price until the end of August and then the price will change to the normal price.

For people in other countries such as the USA where you do not pay VAT the web shop automatically works out the price without the 7% VAT that DVD's are rated at.

Please note that the DVD comes back from the printers on the 19th August and we send them out on the 20th August.

Best regards

Colin

The only option in the country drop down is Germany :-(
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Colin Richards » 07 Aug 2009 21:38

HI Motley

For some reason we have no idea about, you are right, the correction should be up in about 10 minutes and everything should be ok again.

Sometimes I think computers were developed to kick me right in the b.................
just when I wasn't watching............

Oh well life is not supposed to be easy or we would have all been born rich!

Hope that it works now!

Thanks for the info.

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby Colin Richards » 10 Aug 2009 21:40

Hi Folks,

Here is the link to a trailer for our DVD on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHT-bYelCA

Enjoy, just a little ditty we put together today.

Best regards

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby swordflasher » 10 Aug 2009 23:11

I like the trailer, Colin; - nicely done! :)
There is a world elsewhere
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Postby Wolfgang Ritter » 11 Aug 2009 10:44

Hi Colin,
congratulations on the dvd and a nice trailer!
Best regards
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Ritter
Captain

New version of Trailer up with corrections

Postby Colin Richards » 11 Aug 2009 14:27

Hi Folks,

Because we did the trailer in one day in between doing other things we made some small errors. We have corrected them and have put up a second version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpTooCQdrjU

I hope this will satisfy anyone who was not satisfied :p

The first version will be removed in 20 hours time!

We are now satisfied...............

All the best

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby Motley » 13 Aug 2009 00:42

Sorry to be abother again. I am trying to order and when it get's the to go to the paypal screen I am getting

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact ipayment.de."

who is ipayment anyway? I thought it was being handeled by paypal?

:-(
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Colin Richards » 13 Aug 2009 11:49

Hi Motley,

We have had lots of orders from all over the world, USA, Canada and New Zealand and England and we have had no other problems. It could be the settings on your machine or server or something!

If you still have problems maybe we can do something through other people!

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby Motley » 13 Aug 2009 11:55

ok I'll try again shortly.
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Motley » 13 Aug 2009 12:25

Ok I got it to work. For some bizzare reason i had to use safari rather than firefox.

Anyway thanks, I look forward to seeing it.

Dan.
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Motley » 01 Sep 2009 15:49

Colin Richards wrote:Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies:

and order it.

Best regards

Colin

so did these get sent out already.... :-)
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Colin Richards » 01 Sep 2009 18:23

Hi Motley,

The simple answer is no, because of the vagaries of business, our DVD producer said in one email one date, swapped to another date in another and further delayed in another, so they arrive on Thursday and we have everything prepared to send out on Thursday/Friday.

Our web site says:
All pre orders will be sent on the 3rd and 4th September 2009!

Naturally we are not happy bunnies and we want some of our carrots back, though he did make us a good offer. He is a slippery eel, now we know how he operates we shall be much more aware in future about such things, we will use a much bigger hook!

So I must say we are running 7 days late though we had no influence on the outcome.

Our web site says:

We must apologise to all those who pre-ordered about this slight delay. Thanks for your support and even though there has been a lot of you so far we have everything ready to send out from a paper work point of view.

Also note that the pre-order period is over so now the normal price of 39.90 plus 3 Euro postage anywhere in the world is the order of the day.

Please also note we will be accepting VISA and other cards by the end of September.

All the best

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Postby Motley » 01 Sep 2009 18:33

Colin Richards wrote:Hi Motley,

The simple answer is no, because of the vagaries of business, our DVD producer said in one email one date, swapped to another date in another and further delayed in another, so they arrive on Thursday and we have everything prepared to send out on Thursday/Friday.

Our web site says:

Naturally we are not happy bunnies and we want some of our carrots back, though he did make us a good offer. He is a slippery eel, now we know how he operates we shall be much more aware in future about such things, we will use a much bigger hook!

So I must say we are running 7 days late though we had no influence on the outcome.

Our web site says:

We must apologise to all those who pre-ordered about this slight delay. Thanks for your support and even though there has been a lot of you so far we have everything ready to send out from a paper work point of view.

Also note that the pre-order period is over so now the normal price of 39.90 plus 3 Euro postage anywhere in the world is the order of the day.

Please also note we will be accepting VISA and other cards by the end of September.

All the best

Col

no probs! :-) tbh I had not checked the site :-(
Dan Sellars
Context is everything
Motley
Lieutenant General

Postby Colin Richards » 11 Sep 2009 08:13

Hi Folks

Just a little update.

After several problems with the producer who managed to come up with every excuse except "the DVD machine ate my dog, so we could not press the DVD" not to produce the DVD on time, we have received them and sent out the first batch, so you should receive them soon!

I must admit the whole thing looks rather sexy and I again have to praise my wonderful wife Sandra for executing such a wonderful design on the cover and throughout the DVD!

We hope to offer Visa and other Cards soon on our new web site - we will keep you posted.

Reviews some time soon from some well known people!

Best regards

Col
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

First review is out!

Postby Colin Richards » 24 Sep 2009 19:41

Hi Folks

This is a review from the Armour Archive:

Received my copy today.
In short I am very much pleased.

One out standing point of the video is the portion that teaches footwork.
It is brilliant. I would recommend this to anyone that is a student of any bladed martial art. It is laid out clearly and the lines on the floor really show the relation of the body and its movement through space. I think it is perhaps the best feature in the video and I would recommend the purchase of this video on it alone. I say this as not just an SCA knight, but as teacher of Kali and Escrima as well.

The production values are very nice, the over all presentation is logical and easy to follow. I look forward to further DVDs from them.
Staves of lances and shields he shore;

Thanks for that Brian!

Colin
Colin Richards
Founder, Head Instructor
HEMAC Member
Colin Richards
Sergeant

Return to Fiore dei Liberi