Private sabre lessons - can you help?

Schola news, questions about Schola, Schola organisation.
Open to public view.

Private sabre lessons - can you help?

Postby NiDieuNiMaitre » 11 May 2016 23:37

Hi everybody - I'm brand new to the forum.
I'm looking for someone who could help me out with some private lessons in Military Sabre.
I'm a complete beginner, so I need someone who has a good grip on the basics, not necessarily a Grand Master. I have watched quite a few of the Youtube vids, but I really need to get hands-on.
I would happily pay cash, or even exchange guitar lessons (acoustic or electric), or I could also give lessons in Stained Glass design and making.
I mentioned this to Matt a while ago when I came to Ealing to buy an antique sword, but I didn't realize his time is taken up with a 'day job'. I would happily join the class, but my work schedule is a bit irregular.
Matt suggested a colleague who holds more frequent classes, but he doesn't do Military Sabre, and that is the style I'm most attracted to.
I live in Clapham / Battersea. I don't have a huge empty room to practise in, but there is a small and discreet park very nearby.
If you think you might be able to do this, please contact me via the Forum - I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
John.
NiDieuNiMaitre
Cadet

Re: Private sabre lessons - can you help?

Postby KeithFarrell » 12 May 2016 21:24

If you would be interested in coming up to Glasgow for a couple of days of slightly more intensive private tuition, to make best use of the opportunity, then please feel free to send me a message and we could discuss things :)
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NiDieuNiMaitre » 12 May 2016 21:40

Hi Keith -
Thanks for your reply.
It's a bit of a trek - but I think that's an excellent idea!
We'll just have to work out the details. I think I could learn a lot in a few days intensive.
I'd like to give you my phone no and email add, but I don't want to make it public. How do I do that?
John.
NiDieuNiMaitre
Cadet

Postby KeithFarrell » 13 May 2016 11:13

Hi John, I'll send you a private message in just a moment. Have a look in your inbox here: http://www.fioredeiliberi.org/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria