Attending SG1?

Schola news, questions about Schola, Schola organisation.
Open to public view.

Attending SG1?

Postby Outsider » 24 Apr 2016 20:00

Hello! I've been looking to do some HEMA for a while now and have decided to take the plunge. SG1 is very close to where I live and covers a lot of the material I am particularly interested in. However, I'm a bit unsure as to how attendance works and I wouldn't want to make a nuisance out of myself. I'm aware of the rota, the class times (for beginners, etc), and so on but I'm not sure about whether you just turn up on the day, or whether you have to book something somewhere. I have sent a few emails to schola-gladiatoria@hotmail.co.uk but I didn't get any response so I thought I'd try here!

Thanks, and sorry if I've made a nuisance of myself.
Outsider
Cadet

Re: Attending SG1?

Postby Yeknodathon » 25 Apr 2016 07:08

Hi there

The SG1 Facebook page may be a good place to leave a message https://www.facebook.com/groups/10832359402/?fref=nf?

My experience from going to Woking, you will be welcomed and looked after, guided and gently challenged to learn! There seems to be always a few new 'un's around to share aching arm stories and more. I doubt you will be considered a nuisance, on the contrary everyone seems eager to learn from each other.

And the black Darth Lords left to spar in arcane super kewl kit is fun to see... sigh, one day, I shall be a one of them..one day..

Alex
Yeknodathon
Sergeant

Postby admin » 28 Apr 2016 22:34

Hi - we're there every Tuesday and the beginner class is from 7-8pm. It is £8 per session, equipment is provided and you can come along whenever you like.
Best,
Matt
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby Outsider » 29 Apr 2016 22:27

Thanks for the reply! I'll try and get down in the near future!
Outsider
Cadet

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria