FORUM BROKEN

Schola news, questions about Schola, Schola organisation.
Open to public view.

FORUM BROKEN

Postby admin » 31 Oct 2014 07:20

Dear forumites and new subscribers,
I am afraid that for a few months now the forum software has been the victim of a hack, of sorts, targetting the PHP database. You will have seen that several times the forum and associated websites have become unavailable - these have been brought back online by valiant firefighting by one or two members here, but the route problem is not going to get fixed any time soon and we are looking into various options. One of those might unfortunately be to close the forum.
The current situation is that the forum remains open, but we are not able to fully administrate it - for example, I cannot approve new members, because I simply cannot open that function. If you change any of your account details your account will become inactive and I am not able to reactivate it.
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Re: FORUM BROKEN

Postby knirirr » 31 Oct 2014 10:45

A temporary fix has been applied and admin functions are working again, for now.
"FOR, to my certain knowledge I can affirm, that no People in the World, have a swifter Hand in Thrusting, nor any, a more loose or uncertain Parade, than the French."
knirirr
Gentleman

Postby admin » 31 Oct 2014 11:20

Thanks!

http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby KeithFarrell » 31 Oct 2014 14:01

I do hope that a solution can be found that does not require closure of the forum.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook | blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby knirirr » 31 Oct 2014 14:11

KeithFarrell wrote:I do hope that a solution can be found that does not require closure of the forum.

So do I!
I suspect that moving the files to another server where php can be upgraded will probably do the trick. I tried updating the forum software this morning and found that a newer version of php (which I can't install on this server) is required.
"FOR, to my certain knowledge I can affirm, that no People in the World, have a swifter Hand in Thrusting, nor any, a more loose or uncertain Parade, than the French."
knirirr
Gentleman

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria