Dagger training in Hull

Open to public view.

Dagger training in Hull

Postby Colin F. » 01 Nov 2008 19:27

Well, after a two hour-ish training session in the Guardsman's interpretation of Fiore's dagger work, I can do nothing but recommend that ANYONE going ANYWHERE near Hull should give him a PM and organise a session to have a play around with daggers.

We covered in a fairly rapid succession the high, middle and low guards (don't ask me the Italian terms...). Lot's of sensible, simple and effective principles and techniques were run through in a very easy to understand and clear way, even if my left and right got me confused on the odd occasion. Lots of links to the Lignitzer stuff that I have done before in Leeds KdF, but as a whole all round whole set of principles that goven the use of the dagger rather than a bunch of set techniques, it makes for an excellent addition to what I have already learned.

Cheers to the Guardsman, and everyone else, get ye to Hull.

Colin
SG6 - Bradford - Instructor

Those old masters taught fighting, we teach nothing but fencing nowadays. - Alfred Hutton, The Swordsman
Colin F.
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby The Guardsman » 04 Nov 2008 12:32

Cheers mate, was a great day for it too, bit muddy but at least it didn't rain.

AUDI VIDE TACE

Listen, Observe, Be Silent

Neil Johnson
The Guardsman
Brigadier

Location: In Yorkshire, tending to my mill, eating fish and chips and playing with knives.

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria