Cervenka Rapier has entered the next life.

Open to public view.

Cervenka Rapier has entered the next life.

Postby Nikos » 27 Jun 2009 23:04

Indeed, and let me just say this, this is in fact the first blade I have ever broken in my life, of any type. Sod's law would obviously state that the one breakage would be of the most expensive sword I own!

However, it did die a glorious death, stabbing somebody. I am glad to say that my opponent was wearing a fencing jacket (thank god), and that the break was a clean square edge, not capable of penetration of equipment.

Not much else to say. I am going to contact Cervenka and see what he has to say, he clearly isn't under any obligation to replace the blade, if he offers then fine, if not, I will pay him to make and fit a new one. Also typical that it arrived slightly too late for last Fightcamp and will now miss this one too!
Nick Thomas - Instructor
Academy of Historical Fencing
http://www.historicalfencing.co.uk

"When a man is challenged to the field, he is to answer by weapons and not words" Saviolo, 1595.
Nikos
General

Postby Nikos » 30 Jun 2009 09:18

Just got a respose from Cervenka, he is going to replace the blade at cost of shipping only, what a decent chap. I think I will get him to make the matching dagger for it while hes at it, that way we both gain out of the deal.
Nick Thomas - Instructor

"When a man is challenged to the field, he is to answer by weapons and not words" Saviolo, 1595.
Nikos
General

Postby Corpsie » 30 Jun 2009 09:40

And being the victim of the breakage, I'm really glad that the blade snapped in such a safe manner. I wasn't even slightly injured by it and there was no noticable damage to my jacket.

Buying a dagger so he can benefit as well? My arse, it's a beautiful sword and it's crying out for a matching main gauche.

Still, first Tinker and now Cervenka, it's great to know that these smiths take such pride in their products.
"Rapier is in my opinion a weapon ideally suited for nit picking, pedantic, perfectionist control freaks" - Guy Windsor

I butcher.
Corpsie
Brigadier

Postby Lemonaid » 30 Jun 2009 14:23

I must say, that is damned decent of Cervenka.

I shall be putting him top of my list of smiths for future business.

Regards,
Junaid
If you receive a hit while hitting your opponent your glory will be null as this would make you simultaneously victor and vanquished. Do not therefore share your victory with the opponent - and do not let him share his shame with you. -Manciolino
Lemonaid
Lieutenant

Postby Nikos » 30 Jun 2009 14:46

Yes indeed it is, you can't hope for more than that. I am very tempted to order another rapier and dagger on top of that as well, and maybe a few other things, who knows, he makes fantastic kit.
Nick Thomas - Instructor

Nikos
General

Return to General Historical Martial Arts