Looking for PFD of a Western / HEMA knife/dagger fighting ma

Open to public view.

Looking for PFD of a Western / HEMA knife/dagger fighting ma

Postby lklawson » 10 Feb 2021 19:11

Hey. Long time since I posted here, I know.

I need a little help. I'm looking for a PFD of a Western / HEMA knife/dagger fighting manual which I used to have. This is not a reproduction or republishing of a historic manual, but rather a modern manual discussing/teaching/elaborating on a historic HEMA method. The problem is, I don't remember which, but I can describe some of the manual and maybe you remember or have a copy of it.

This is a PDF, probably written in the late '90s or early 2000s. It was fairly short. I'm guessing (from memory) less than 50 pages. Most striking in my memory was the simple illustrations. The illustrations were not professionally done and may have been done using a computer illustration program from the time. While they were clear enough, the looked almost cartoonish. The were colored but it was with simple, monochrome, color-fill methods.

My recollection is that the illustrations were showing a straight dagger, possibly double-edged.
This MIGHT have been about Silver's method, but I just do not recall. It MIGHT have been related to an Italian master, or possibly stiletto.

I'm trying to find this in relation to another research project I'm nerding on currently.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Peace favor your sword
--
"...it's the nature of the media and the participants. A herd of martial artists gets together and a fight breaks out; quelle surprise."
-Chas Speaking of rec.martial-arts
lklawson
Private

Re: Looking for PFD of a Western / HEMA knife/dagger fightin

Postby lklawson » 10 Feb 2021 20:47

I might have tracked it down. I think I'm thinking of "Silver's dagger tutorial for beginners" by Carlo Parisi. It has the artwork that I remember but is even shorter. It's possible that he had more than one of these booklets.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Peace favor your sword
--
"...it's the nature of the media and the participants. A herd of martial artists gets together and a fight breaks out; quelle surprise."
-Chas Speaking of rec.martial-arts
lklawson
Private

Return to General Historical Martial Arts