The Lord of Narwhal Tusks

Open to public view.

The Lord of Narwhal Tusks

Postby Ulrich von L...n » 02 Dec 2019 09:33

I presume that most people are aware of this fascinating story. Just a quick recap of it: during the London Bridge stabbing attack a man fought the terrorist with a narwhal tusk.

"The man with the tusk has been identified by The Times as a chef from Poland called Lukasz, who the newspaper reports worked in the kitchen at the venue.

Another of those who helped drag Khan to the ground before armed police arrived on the scene was 24-year-old tour company manager Thomas Gray. Mr Gray said he tried to force Khan to release one of the knives he was carrying by stamping on his wrist, but both blades appeared to be taped to his hands.

He added: "I stamped on his left wrist while someone else smacked his hand on the ground and then kicked one of the knives away. I went to pick up the knife when I heard a cop say 'he has got a bomb'.
"

https://news.sky.com/story/london-bridge-attack-man-with-narwhal-whale-tusk-among-heroes-who-tackled-terrorist-11874132

"A colleague of Łukasz told The Times newspaper: “Łukasz grabbed a nearby pole and ran at him, getting stabbed in the hand in the process but continued to pin him down. “Being stabbed didn't stop him giving him a beating. Łukasz is a hero.”

Łukasz is thought to have suffered from cuts but is not critically injured.
"

https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/hero-polish-chef-tackles-london-bridge-terrorist-with-15-metre-narwhal-tusk-8998

""The terrorist is brandishing two knives with victims all around screaming and people cornered. He pulls off the wall this narwhal tusk and takes the fight on. In the next minute he's on his own. He's buying time for others to escape. In that time he makes a stab towards the terrorist and knows something is wrong as he hits him in the chest and it bounces off.

He's got a vest on of some sort. At that point there's a vicious knife fight in which Lukasz takes five cuts all the way up his arm. He's hurt badly but doesn't flinch for a minute. He's then joined by two or three others, and now overwhelmed by numbers the assailant goes down the stairs."

After another fight in the building's foyer, Khan, 28, breaks through the doors on to the steps outside.

Lukasz is right behind him. He is hurting badly and has lost the strength in his left arm but he was there until the end."
" (Sky News)
Emil Barta
Nullo modo, amice.
Ulrich von L...n
Colonel

Postby Ulrich von L...n » 05 Dec 2019 12:44

Emil Barta
Nullo modo, amice.
Ulrich von L...n
Colonel

Postby Ulrich von L...n » 05 Dec 2019 12:47

And the whole article about the training, by Ross Murray.

https://www.pointsincase.com/articles/n ... c-training
Emil Barta
Nullo modo, amice.
Ulrich von L...n
Colonel

Return to General Historical Martial Arts