Maryland Kunst des Fechtens and the HEMA Alliance are proud to announce Longpoint 2011:
the second annual mid-Atlantic gathering for Historical European Martial Arts practitioners.
Longpoint 2011 is a two-day long, regional gathering for historical fencers and martial artists patterned after the Fechtschule events of 16th and 17th-century Germany. The best instructors and competitors from the mid-Atlantic area—and some from across the nation—are coming to Maryland to fight, teach, and train from January 22-23, 2011.
Don't miss this opportunity to...
- Compete in the east coast's first major “Freestyle” Longsword and Dussack tournaments against regional and national fighters
- Train in small groups with local and internationally recognized instructors in German longsword, Bolonese sword and rotella, Portuguese montante (two-handed sword), Italian grappling and dagger, dueling saber, Italian rapier, and more!
- Get one-on-one instruction and practice in test-cutting using a European sword and targets provided by the event hosts
- Meet, train, and spar with other swordsmanship enthusiasts and historical European martial artists from throughout the mid-Atlantic region
- Get the latest news on upcoming regional and national HEMA events in 2011
Longpoint 2011 will be held on Saturday and Sunday, January 22-23, 2011 at the Howard County Sports Center in Elkridge, Maryland, only 15 minutes from Baltimore-Washington International Airport.
Some of the growing ranks of instructors, in alphabetical order...
- Bill Grandy, Virginia Academy of Fencing, Virginia
- Bob Charrette, Forteza Swordwork Guild, Virginia
- Cory Winslow, Medieval European Martial Arts Guild (MEMAG), Maryland
- Jake Norwood, Maryland KDF, Maryland
- Jay Vail, Meyer Frei Fechter Guild (MFFG), Florida
- Larry Tom, Mid-Atlantic Society for Historical Swordsmanship (MASHS), Maryland
- Michael Edelson, New York Historical Fencing Association (NYHFA), New York
- Steve Hick, Virginia
- Steve Reich, NoVA Assaulto, Virginia
There are limited spaces for Longpoint 2011. Last year's Mid-Atlantic HEMA Gathering filled up early. Register nowto ensure your spot!
Registration before January 1st - $89.95
Registration after January 1st – $99.95
Cutting class fee – Add $30 during online registration
Tournament spectators - $5 at the door
Note: No registrations allowed “at the door.” Registration fees include entry into both tournaments, whether you chose to compete or just watch.
For more information and regular updates, go to http://fightlongpoint.com