About wresting (and more) in Alsace

Martial arts events, antique arms events, historical events etc.
Open to public view.

About wresting (and more) in Alsace

Postby Fab » 09 Feb 2009 22:46

On Behalf of HEMAC member Olivier Dupuis :

Olivier Dupuis and the "Guerriers d'Avalon" organize for the fifth consecutive year a two days event on the figthing technics from medieval to modern times.

This year, the workshops will focus on the wrestling situations.

The seminar will take place on 21 to 22 march 2009 at Witternheim (between Strasbourg and Sélestat), in the sport's hall.

More information here :

http://www.guerriers-avalon.org/stage/stage_en.html

I'll be running the Italian dagger workshop, witht he help of my De Taille et d'Estoc friends.
Fab
Field Marshal

Postby Bert » 23 Mar 2009 00:53

How have been the lessons and the tournament? I am quite curious about it, because the schedule was very interesting...
Dreynschlag - Silly hats since 1998
Bert
Recruit in training

Postby Fab » 23 Mar 2009 09:05

It was jolly good :)

Classes were very interesting, some of them too short to go deep enough to get a real first glimpse of what it was really about (like the Tai-Chi class), but I thoroughly enjoyed myself in spite of a failing health on the first day. But Predrag's German Wrestling workshop kind of revived me.

In no particular order :

We finally understood that the secret in Codex Wallerstein's wrestling techniques was that there was no secret after all (even if you blend some systema in ;) ) ; Dancie's close quarter figting with the rapier is full of sense, just like Dancie's teachings are full of understanding of how a rapier fight goes - I love Dancie ; we saw cool academic French Boxing moves, and even cooler Parisian street brawl manoeuvers (and apparently these things keep you in good shape) ; and we finally indulged in an quick overview of the underlying principles in Fiore's dagger.

The tournament was supposed to be a tai-chi-like push-push thing, but some of the bouts endend in quite physical wrestling - congrats to Mr Ritter from Zornhau, though I must say Mr Perrier from Dijon, and the Strange Mr Errard did quite well too.

And food was darn good too. Some Alsacian specialty with meat, potatoes, meat, potatoes, meat and potatoes. Yummy :)

Thanks to Olivier Dupuis for holding this event. The mood there was as always, friendly and relaxed, and although there wasn't as much singing and laughing (and puking) as last year, we had a real good time there, full of learning and martial talking and stuff.

People should do more wrestling. It's the core of the Art.
Fab
Field Marshal

Return to Events